Supporting Educators, Researchers, and Change Leaders to Advance EQ & SEL
As a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, part of Six Seconds’ mission is to help all people in the world gain the benefits of emotional intelligence. While our assessment tools: the SEI, the SEI-YV, and the Vital Signs suite, are priced economically, there are associated costs with the administration and debriefing of these assessments. This may put them out of reach for some of our partners and allies, especially in developing nations. We are pleased to offer grant opportunities for the use of our tools.
We evaluate grant requests based on the following criteria:
Social value: To what extent will the project create positive change in the world?
Awareness value: To what extent will this project help spread awareness of the importance of emotional intelligence and social emotional learning?
Research value: To what extent will this project advance Six Seconds’ scientific research goals?
Support: To what extent is this project supported by others (e.g., school or institution) to increase the likelihood of project effectiveness?
Need: How extensive are the project’s needs, and to what degree are we capable of meeting these needs?
Grants may include some of these components:
- Credits for using the SEI, the SEI-YV, SEI360, OVS, EVS, TVS, LVS assessments.
- Certification for the consultant/educator to utilize the toolset.
- Consulting to support effective implementation.
- Statistical analysis.
Our usual policy is to offer grants for use of the assessments, and sometimes for virtual training and/or mentoring. Depending on the project needs, grantees will usually need to pay for the cost of any group reports and any out-of-pocket costs for Six Seconds to support the project. Please contact Susan Stillman (see below) for any questions. Thanks.
To apply for a grant, please fill in this application form.
The application form will ask:
- Project summary including the goal, who will be included, etc.
- Study design (if for a research project) including hypothesis, intervention, etc.
- Need – ie, what are you requesting (number of assessments, number of people needing certification, etc. Will you be paying for part of the cost or are you only able to do this project if all this need is met by Six Seconds?)
- Background including bullet point answers to the criteria above.
We will evaluate grant requests monthly. Upon submitting a request you will receive confirmation that we have received your application.
As part of our grant process we request that you submit a short description of your research for our website when the grant is offered and a final white paper when completed. Likewise, we ask that you make an effort to present at one of our Peer to Peer conferences or use another means to share your research process with the Six Seconds community.