The Six Seconds Emotional Intelligence Assessment (SEI®) is a suite of well validated, effective tests that measure EQ and equips people with a framework for putting emotional intelligence into action.
This complete solution for EQ measurement includes:
- Brain Profiles – compelling 1-page insights, ideal for training
- Adult EQ measure (with numerous reports, including the SEI NN, the only EQ tool powered by an advanced machine-learning neural network), ideal for coaching & in-depth programs
- SEI 360 multi-rater emotional intelligence behavioral assessment to go deeper
- SEI youth self-assessment & “Perspective” youth version, which is the only emotional intelligence test for young children.
The SEI in use during an Emotional Intelligence Certification Training
What makes SEI such an effective assessment tool?
SEI is used in 127 countries for a broad range of training, coaching, selection, and development needs (read case studies using the tests). SEI is best-in-class because of the blend of robust psychometrics, easy practicality, and global relevance.
Where several other EQ tools provide meaningful feedback, the SEI is unique because it’s not JUST feedback, it delivers a process framework that equips people to actually USE emotional intelligence (here is a comparison of some of the leading tests). The SEI also links EQ to real life; it includes two questionnaires, an assessment of current “success factors” (e.g., effectiveness and relationships) and the EQ measure; this puts EQ in the context of important work & life outcomes, providing the “so what?” to make EQ relevant.
If you want to take the SEI yourself, it’s available for purchase online.
If you want to deliver the emotional intelligence assessments to others:
- The SEI Brain Profiles are perfect for training / facilitation
- The full SEI Reports are ideal for in-depth coaching and development programs. There are multiple options for certification training
More Useful Links:
Why Choose SEI as Your Emotional Intelligence Assessment?
Development Focused Straightforward model. Created by the experts in learning and teaching EQ. Detailed reports with specific techniques, exercises and strategies. Extensive range of proven curricula and related tools that improve performance.
Statistically Reliable Embedded self-correcting indices increases objectivity. Strong psychometric properties with best-in-class analysis of over 20 different norm scales. used in each assessment Scores on the SEI predict 50-60% of a combination of Quality of Life, Relationship Effectiveness, Wellbeing, and Personal Effectiveness (based on forward stepwise regression against self-reported outcomes, see the Technical Manual).
International Developed and validated internationally; Six Seconds has offices and partners in over 25 countries. Assessment and report in many languages including Arabic, Chinese, English (US and UK), French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Portuguese, Spanish (Latin and European).
Convenient Fully-automated online administration and scoring (paper available). Option for client to instantly receive report or for consultant (or both). Turnkey packaged with proven, in-depth training materials developed by world-class curriculum designers.
Full Range A complete range of assessment tools and reports for practitioners (see the reports available). Huge array of support materials, curricula, and training modules.
For an in-depth look at the SEI compared to other emotional intelligence assessments, read How to Choose an Emotional Intelligence Test: A Beginner’s Guide.
Uses of the SEI
- Professional and personal development
- Training and coaching (for example… leadership, teamwork, performance management, stress, communication, people-skills for project management, etc)
- Selection, talent management
- Pre/Post assessment and research
To be trained to use the SEI with others, register for a virtual or in-person emotional intelligence assessment certification.
To take the SEI and receive a debrief from one of our Certified SEI Coaches, contact us