Add some graceful steps to
Emotional intelligence skills are key for academic and lifelong success. Social emotional learning, SEL, is a process for teaching these skills and creating a great place to learn.
The Center for Social Emotional Learning (cSEL) supports educators to make that happen through:
- Identifying and sharing best-practices for SEL implementation.
- Conducting and supporting research through grants.
- Providing transformational professional development with ongoing support for SEL.
- Sharing the latest research.
- Connecting the community of emotional intelligence change makers.
EQ: The Foundation for Learning
Schools with successful SEL programs are safe, engaging and well-managed environments where children can focus on learning. Teaching SEL reduces violence and conflict while creating an atmosphere of trust, engagement, and curiosity. Learn more about EQ
What is Social and Emotional Learning?
Social and emotional learning (SEL) is the process through which children and adults acquire and effectively apply the knowledge, attitudes and skills necessary to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions. Learn More about SEL