For You & Your Family
Sign up and before November 16, 2015 ** , you’ll receive a link to take the BRAIN TALENT PROFILE, a powerful assessment about your unique capabilities. You can share this with your family and friends, there’s a version for youth (age 7-18) and for adults. (Read more about the Brain Talent Profile here)
To Share at Work, School, Church or Anywhere
Get your free Celebrating Talents for Tolerance kit with:
1. Invitation to an interactive, insightful hour-long workshop
2. Slides with speaker notes for you to present the workshop
3. Then, we’ll email you a link to give all of your participants so each person can get her/his BRAIN TALENT PROFILE for free.
All we ask you to do in return is share back a photo+comment about the experience (in one of our social media groups).
Why Talents for Tolerance?
We live in a world emphasizing differences — people feel increasingly stressed and disconnected. It’s time to change this trend and build an understanding that “we’re all in the this together.” One way is by valuing individual strengths — recognizing that people can be GREAT in many different ways, and different doesn’t mean bad. The BRAIN TALENT PROFILE is a simple, powerful way to recognize a person’s unique capabilities.
The United Nations declared November 16 as the International Day for Tolerance. Here’s what UNESCO says about tolerance — a virtue that will benefit every person, a home, school, and work:
Along with outright injustice and violence, discrimination and marginalization are common forms of intolerance. Education for tolerance should aim at countering influences that lead to fear and exclusion of others, and should help young people develop capacities for independent judgement, critical thinking and ethical reasoning. (Read more)
What does it take to create positive change in the world? We studied thousands of comments about changemakers and leaders, and distilled 18 essential capabilities such as collaboration and vision (here’s more about the research).
Talents for Tolerance is a way for us to collaborate on sharing emotional intelligence — and adding our voices to call for a more compassionate, tolerant, and just world.
About the Talents for Tolerance Workshop
Just sign up on this form and we’ll email you the kit by Nov 1. (Sorry, event is now past)
What’s the workshop about?
What are your unique Brain Talents? Find out in the fun, powerful hour of learning about our unique strengths. You’ll get a free assessment, your Brain Talent Profile, and learn about:
- Key capabilities to create positive change
- The International Day of Tolerance
- How we can each use our talents to support ourselves AND others
- Ways we are all similar and different – and the value of that
- Emotional intelligence as a fuel for positive change
Who should come to the workshop?
The speaker notes in the workshop are written to be adaptable to adults or youth.
It is perfect for a Lunch and Learn session in the office — or a church/temple/mosque get-together — or a class in school (ages 7-18).
You can even hold Talents for Tolerance with three friends around your kitchen table.
Who can sign up to hold a workshop?
You! Everyone’s invited. You don’t need special training – if you’re capable of bringing a group together and encouraging people to talk to one another, you’re in. If in doubt, sign up, get the kit, and then you can decide.
When can I do this?
The Celebrating Talents for Tolerance event is Nov 14-20 — the codes for the free assessments will work during this period only.
How can I get help?
Our facilitators will be on Six Seconds’ Facebook Page the week before the event to answer questions and help you prepare.
- What is tolerance?
- Does it matter to us?
- What talents do we need in order to increase tolerance (if we want to)?
- How can we work better together with our unique talents?
To participate, just sign up here (sorry, event is now past)
Latest posts by Joshua Freedman (see all)
- Wellbeing Threats and Performance Opportunities: The Global EQ Data - December 4, 2018
- Case Study: EQ to Revitalize Leadership at Vega Energy - November 6, 2018
- Putting the SDGs Into Action With EQ - October 24, 2018