Free SEL Activities for Empathy & Friendship
From Red Nose Day in School and Six Seconds – FriendSkills Building Classroom Community
Social Emotional Learning activities for Empathy, Friendship and Classroom Community.
Red Nose Day in School, in partnership with Six Seconds Emotional Intelligence Network, created a free resource kit of SEL lessons focused on friendship.
Six Seconds is excited to partner with Red Nose Day USA to bring emotional intelligence skills to thousands of classrooms. Red Nose Day uses the power of entertainment to drive social change to bring people together to spread awareness, raise funds, and support programs that ensure children facing poverty across the country and around the world are safe, healthy, educated and empowered.
The 3 parts of the program:
1. Be Your Own Friend – empathy starts inside you – your emotions matter. Learn about emotional literacy and self-empathy.
2. Make a Friend – connecting with a friend is a two-way process. Grow active listening skills and taking turns.
3. Community of Friends – when people commit to kindness, community grows. Learn to multiply acts of kindness and empathy.
Where should we send your free kit?
Red Nose Day in School knows this year more than ever, classrooms need an extra burst of resources to help children’s social and emotional learning (SEL) skills. Research from CASEL shows students who participated in SEL programs experienced an increase in academic performance by 11 percentile points. Students participating in SEL programs also showed improved classroom behavior, an increased ability to manage stress and depression, more positive relationships and better attitudes about themselves, others, and school.
Many students experiencing a disrupted school year may have additional emotional wellbeing needs, particularly in social awareness and relationship skills. Students returning to school may need extra support making friends and re-starting relationships.
The FriendSkills program is designed to support your existing social emotional learning program and includes adaptations for online learning to meet the moment.
- Elmo Said WHAT? Research & Tips for Emotions for Wellbeing – EQ Education - February 6, 2024
- EQ Education News: Am I Doing This All Wrong? 5 Tips for Parenting Shy Kids - January 16, 2024
- Stick with It! 4 Tips for Tenacity: EQ Educator News - November 6, 2023