The Six Seconds Emotional Intelligence Assessment (SEI™) is a suite of well validated, effective assessment tools that measure EQ and equip people with a framework for putting emotional intelligence into action.
The suite includes an adult EQ measure (with numerous reports), a 360, and a youth version. SEI is used for a broad range of training, coaching, selection, and development needs. SEI is best-in-class because of the blend of robust psychometrics, easy practicality, and global relevance.
Where several other EQ tools provide meaningful feedback, the SEI is unique because it’s not JUST feedback, it delivers a process framework that equips people to actually USE emotional intelligence. The SEI also links EQ to real life; it includes two questionnaires, an assessment of current “success factors” (e.g., effectiveness and relationships) and the EQ measure; this puts EQ in the context of important work & life outcomes, providing the “so what?” to make EQ relevant.
If you want to take the SEI yourself, it’s available for purchase online.
If you want to deliver the tool to others:
- The SEI Brain Profiles are available for professionals to use without certification
- The full SEI Reports are “Level B” tools that require certification training
More Useful Links:
- SEI Technical Briefing – a summary of the toolset and validation research
- SEI research
- SEI for Professionals brochure which outlines the different elements of this comprensive toolset.
- SEI for Leaders brochure, which Certified Consultants can have customized with their logo & contact info.
Why Choose SEI?
Development Focused Straightforward model. Created by the experts in learning and teaching EQ. Detailed reports with specific techniques, exercises and strategies. Extensive range of proven curricula and related tools that improve performance.
Statistically Reliable Embedded self-correcting indices increases objectivity. Strong psychometric properties with best-in-class analysis of over 20 different norm scales. used in each assessment Scores on the SEI predict 50-60% of a combination of Quality of Life, Relationship Effectiveness, Wellbeing, and Personal Effectiveness (based on forward stepwise regression against self-reported outcomes, see the Technical Manual).
International Developed and validated internationally; Six Seconds has offices and partners in over 25 countries. Assessment and report in many languages including Arabic, Chinese, English (US and UK), French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Portuguese, Spanish (Latin and European).
Convenient Fully-automated online administration and scoring (paper available). Option for client to instantly receive report or for consultant (or both). Turnkey packaged with proven, in-depth training materials developed by world-class curriculum designers.
Full Range A complete range of assessment tools and reports for practitioners (see the reports available). Huge array of support materials, curricula, and training modules.
- Professional and personal development
- Training and coaching (for example… leadership, teamwork, performance management, stress, communication, people-skills for project management, etc)
- Selection, talent management
- Pre/Post assessment and research