The Six Seconds Emotional Intelligence Assessment (SEI™) is a suite of effective tools that measure EQ and equip people with a framework for putting emotional intelligence into action. The tools are used for a broad range of training, coaching, selection, and development needs. SEI is best-in-class because of the blend of strong psychometrics, easy practicality, and global relevance.
Where several other tools provide meaningful feedback, the SEI is unique because it’s not JUST feedback, it delivers a process framework that equips people to actually USE emotional intelligence. The SEI also links EQ to real life; it includes two questionnaires, an assessment of current “success factors” (e.g., effectiveness and relationships) and the EQ measure; this puts EQ in the context of important work & life outcomes, providing the “so what?” to make EQ relevant.
If you want to take the SEI yourself, it’s available for purchase online.
If you want to deliver the tool to others:
- The SEI Brain Profiles are available for professionals to use without certification
- The full SEI Reports are “Level B” tools that require certification training
The certification is offered live in our powerful SEI Coach program (see the events schedule) and ANYTIME through our convenient SEI 1-1 Certification. This program is also offered in both virtual and live formats through our SEI-E certifications with focus on youth (see the events schedule).
- SEI Technical Briefing – a summary of the toolset and validation research
- SEI research
- SEI for Professionals brochure which outlines the different elements of this comprensive toolset.
- SEI for Leaders brochure, which Certified Consultants can have customized with their logo & contact info.
Why Choose SEI?
Straightforward model Created by the experts in learning and teaching EQ
Detailed reports with specific techniques, excerises and strategies
Extensive range of proven curriculum and related tools that improve performance
Embedded self-correcting indices increases objectivity
Strong psychometric properties including over 100 items, 14 different norms used in each assessment
Scores on the SEI predict 54.79% of a combination of Quality of Life, Relationship Effectiveness, Health, and Personal Effectiveness (based on forward stepwise regression against self-reported outcomes, see the white paper. “Emotional Intelligence and Success”).
Developed and validated internationally; Six Seconds has offices in 11 countries. Assessment and report in English, Italian, Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Australian English, Arabic, French, German — and other languages in process.
Fully-automated online administration and scoring (paper available) Option for client to instantly receive report or for consultant (or both)
Turnkey packaged with proven, in-depth training materials developed by world-class curriculum designers
A complete range of assessment tools and reports for practitioners (see the reports available). Huge array of support materials, curricula, and training modules.
- Professional and personal development
- Training and coaching (for example… leadership, teamwork, performance management, stress, communication, people-skills for project management, etc)
- Selection, talent management
- Pre/Post assessment and research
To be trained to use the SEI, register for a virtual or in-person certification.
To take the SEI and receive a debrief from one of our Certified SEI Coaches, contact us