Compelling infographic below from BI WORLDWIDE. Put this in front of your senior leaders.
For years we’ve heard chat about employee engagement, yet all too often leaders make three tragic mistakes:
1. This as a “nice to have” instead of confronting reality:
Employee engagement is the lifeblood of performance. See below and this article.
2. We can increase engagement just by talking about it:
Employees become engaged due to their emotional experience. Here’s why.
3. Surface “fluff” like perks will increase engagement:
The opposite is true; it’s fundamentally about emotionally intelligent leadership. See this case.
As a result, engagement numbers remain flat – which is like dumping cash into the trash. Isn’t it time to create organizations where talent thrives?
Click the graphic for a PDF version!
Latest posts by Jayne Morrison (see all)
- Six Practical Tips to Collaborate More Effectively - May 30, 2017
- Is It Time for Change? - September 14, 2014
- Infographic: The Bottom Line on Employee Engagement - September 5, 2014