Professionals committed to ongoing development to build true expertise in emotional intelligence know that ongoing learning is essential. In a domain with rapidly evolving science and practice, where do you turn to find training that will add value to your work?
The Six Seconds’ accredited continuing education (ACE) courses below are selected for their relevance, robust design, and the experience of the facilitators. Six Seconds’ Certified Practitioners need 12 ACE units per year for certification renewal.
EQ Accredited Continuing Education
Earn Six Seconds ACE Units Anytime
Get ACE unit credit for your EQ learning experiences
Synthesize your learning and put it into action
You can request ACE units for your participation in Six Seconds EQ Cafes, free webinars, EQ e-learning courses and other EQ events.
To request ACE units for your EQ experience
Six Seconds offers free webinars and free EQ e-learning courses almost every month; these and other EQ events are eligible for ACE units by doing the following:
Participants: Six Seconds Practitioners.
- Synthesize key concept from event
- Apply the concept
- Reflect on key learnings
Course Date(s) & registration: Flexible dates. To register for upcoming webinars, see 6seconds.eventbrite.com (or for Italian see https://www.eventbrite.it/o/six-seconds-7939088307) for other events check the course description for registration directions.
ACE Credit Options:
1. Webinars and EQ Cafes: Attend the webinar live or carefully listen to recording. Then, post in the Six Seconds Facebook Group the key point you are taking from this webinar and an action step based on this learning.
2. Free e-learning courses: Complete all modules outlined in the course.
3. EQ projects and other events: Provide a detailed description of the work done in the request for ACE units.
Assessment Procedures For All Events:
Complete the on-line ACE Unit Request Form which includes a 250-300 word reflection on the learning experience.
Number of ACE units awarded: Varies by event. The average ACE units awarded for some events:
- attend EQ Cafe – 2 ACE units
- facilitate a EQ Cafe – 4 ACE units
- attend a webinar – 2 ACE units
- host a webinar – 4 ACE units
- take an e-learning course – 1 ACE unit per module
Earn Ace units for Your EQ Passion Project
Engage with the Six Seconds community to spread the practice of emotional intelligence
Next course date: Flexible, apply any time
Expand your EQ expertise in a hands-on project
Are you involved in a project with Six Seconds where you’re developing EQ expertise as you apply your learning? Earn ACE units for practical projects that are serving the Six Seconds community and mission — such as conducting a research study, or helping to lead one of Six Seconds’ global community events.
Participants: Six Seconds Practitioners involved in a project with Six Seconds
- Develop an implementation plan
- Take action to make the plan happen
- Reflect on key learnings
Fee: $100 to process application & assessment for CEUs
Course Date(s) & registration: Flexible dates. To register, email David Tubley
- What is the purpose of the project?
- What Six Seconds tools or methods you will be applying?
- Approximately how many hours of work is included?
- How will you demonstrate completion of your project / what will be assessed?
Instructional Methods: Independent projects focus on practical applications based on participants’ work.
Assessment Procedures: Participants will develop a plan including a method to demonstrate their completion.
Facilitator: none / ACE assessment will be provided by David Tubley, ACE Coordinator
Accredited: Units awarded will depend on scope of project and will be defined after application is reviewed; completion requirements:
- submit plan for approval along with application fee
- complete requirements outlined in plan
- submit documentation of completion
Six Seconds’ Certification Training
Develop expertise with research-proven tools & methods
Next course date: See the certification schedule
Get certified or refresh to go deeper
All Six Seconds Certification training courses provide ACE units.
Participants: Professionals seeking proven tools and methods to create value with emotional intelligence.
Learning Objectives: Practitioners re-attend to go refresh, and to go deeper in the methodology by experiencing the program from a new perspective. Six Seconds’ most experienced facilitators re-attend certifications on a regular basis to immerse in the process. If you hold an active certification from any Six Seconds course, you are invited to re-attend the same course for a nominal fee — anywhere in the world.
Accredited: 12 CEUs by either:
- Attend a new certification and complete course requirements, or
- Re-attend a certification and post an in-depth (200-500 word) reflection about your experience in the Six Seconds Facebook Group (or share with your course group if you don’t use Facebook)