Workshop Two: Accountability and Choices — “Raising Strong, Caring Kids.”
Help parents teach their children to make more conscious, conscientious, and effective decisions. Accountability means taking ownership of your decisions — and it begins with awareness of the choices we make in our thoughts, feelings, and actions.
The workshop features three exercises:
- The Volunteer Experiment — understand the concept of patterns
- Pattern Role Play — recognize patterns in parent/child interaction
- Dictator, Ally, Victim Words — change patterns of communication
Key learning points include:
- Feelings are important to making decisions
- We all follow patterns when we’re not careful
- Inventory thoughts and feelings, recognize choices, and try alternatives
- Words teach patterns
Module includes a professional 11-slide presentation and 4-page handout plus quotes to display on the walls.
Each module is a complete two-hour workshop:
- complete script / trainer’s guide
- presentation (in Powerpoint®)
- quotes to post in the room
The presentation, handout, quotes, and invitation, and script (plus introduction and appendix) are provided in the downloadable ZIP file.