Event: ace | 25 Feb 2019 ,
Price: $40 | More: PDF brochure or link
A Virtual Workshop for Perfectionists Seeking Self-Acceptance
Perfectionism, or the fear of making mistakes, is in the blood of many brilliant, purposeful, and creative people. But, the research on perfectionism doesn’t lie: It’s giving us depression, more anxiety, and it’s causing our performance to suffer. It’s time to create a new story for yourself.
Who would you look like if you took more impactful risks + were less afraid of making mistakes?
Who would you look like if the belonging + validation you needed came from the inside?
Who would you look like if you offered yourself the same grace + compassionyou offer others in the face of mistakes?
What is it?
- A 2-hour interactive, supportive, and ‘beneath the iceberg’ workshop guided by Illuminate’s Maria Jackson
- Virtual. Join from the comfort of your own computer.
- Community. Join like-minded others in finding the truth behind your perfectionistic ways.
- Evidence-based + actionable. Discover + use research-backed tools to nurture the self-acceptance that comes from within.
- Structured. Workshop will include discussion, journaling, guided meditation, and embodiment exercises.
Section 1: Know YourselfI. Introductions/ Centering meditationII. Choosing your root belief of perfectionismIII. Embodying what you needIV. The research of perfectionismSection 2: Choose YourselfI. Small group discussion topicsII. Representing your perfectionism through artIII. Journaling your storyIV. Intro to self-compassionSection 3: Give YourselfI. Practicing self-compassion in the moment while strugglingII. Self-compassion embodiment exercisesIII. Rapid-fire techniques for increasing self-compassionIV. How will you apply what you’ve learned?V. Restorative self-compassion meditation
Date/Time: 25 Feb 2019
. 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM