“The Power of Feelings:
Parenting with Emotional Intelligence”
Help parents and caregivers increase emotional literacy — the foundation to emotional intelligence. This program will help them communicate with their children, recognize and manage emotions, and increase self-awareness.
Features three effective exercises:
- Music of Feelings — expand emotional literacy
- Self-Awareness Self-Assessment — improve self-awareness
- The Wisdom of Feelings — enhance the understanding of emotions
- And the VIE process for managing feelings
- Plus a bonus exercise: Inside/Outside Feelings — enhance self-awareness
Key learning points include:
- Feelings matter, and naming feelings helps manage them.
- Feelings are everywhere, so teaching children emotional literacy is easy.
- What’s inside counts – and self-awareness is key to effective relationships.
- There is wisdom in feelings and with the VIE technique you can access that insight and energy.
Module includes a professional 13-slide presentation and 6-page handout plus quotes to display on the walls.
Invitation for this workshop:
“The Power of Feelings: Parenting with Emotional Intelligence”
Help your children recognize and use emotions to increase self-awareness and compassion
What are emotions? How can I help my child handle feelings in a healthy way? Is there really such a thing as emotional intelligence that can help?
In a fun and thought-provoking workshop, you will learn about emotional literacy — the ABCs of emotional intelligence (or “EQ”). You’ll go home with:
Most of all, you will learn more about how to use your emotions as a positive, helpful source of energy and information and then to share this understanding with your family. This workshop curriculum comes from an organization called “Six Seconds,” the leading international organization on how to teach EQ (see www.6seconds.org to learn more about for family, work, and school). Since emotional intelligence increases health, success, and strong relationships, these are skills every family can use!