Think, Feel, Act Cards
One of the most power+simple tools we’ve created, the set includes 66 cards plus instruction booklet in a display box. This hands-on tool increases awareness about choices, and is ideal for coaching, small group instruction, or personal development. The cards help people understand the differences between thoughts, feelings, and action by providing examples — and there are blank cards. With a dry-erase marker, the blank cards can be turned into any other thought, feeling, or action.
Use: There are many exercises you can do with “Think, Feel, Act Cards” that are foundational for building emotional intelligence. For example, you can assess a recent decision to identify the patterns you followed in your reaction. You simply select cards that match your thoughts, feelings, and actions during the decision, and then follow a process to examine those choices. The tool helps clarify the components of decision-making, shows the links between thought, feeling, and action, and increases awareness of patterns.
- recognize patterns – observe typical responses
- evaluate a decision / apply consequential thinking – identify the costs & benefits of a reaction; create sequences of cards to show how an event unfolds.
- enhance emotional literacy – learn more feeling vocab, see what might trigger feelings; identify various sets of feelings and how different feelings motivate people differently.
- conflict resolution – identify each person’s reactions and wants
- communication – gain insight into what triggers reactions
- coaching – zoom into a reaction and distill the incident into component parts that can be addressed