3375 Edison Way
Classroom teachers, counselors, and volunteers learn to facilitate social-emotional learning lessons. Participants walk away with a clear process for SEL instruction, an understanding of Six Seconds model and approach, plus resources & curriculum for 4-8 months of teaching. While most educators see the value in social-emotional learning, most schools do not have a systematic, comprehensive, developmental approach to these essential skills.
This intensive 2-day (plus post-course coaching) certification equips educators to be more effective in teaching SEL.
By attending, you will be better able to:
- Confidently implement Self-Science lessons in the classroom
- Apply the Self-Science process and model in your day-to-day interactions with students and in your current curriculum and lessons
- Effectively communicate the value of SEL to parents and other educators
- Continue to develop your own social and emotional intelligence
Self-Science is one of the preeminent social-emotional learning programs, first published in 1978, and used by thousands of educators world wide; it was featured in Daniel Goleman’s 1995 book, Emotional Intelligence, as a pioneering program: “…the Self Science curriculum stands as a model for the teaching of emotional intelligence.”
- EQ Educator Certification - 5 Aug 2013 - 09:00
- EQ Conference: Living EQ - 10 Oct 2013 - 09:00