As a global community committed to advancing the science and practice of emotional intelligence, Six Seconds recognizes the quality of effective training programs through Accredited Continuing Education, or ACE. ACE programs are listed here.
ACE: Accredited Continuing Education
- creates a powerful way for changemakers in our network to share their expertise with one another as part of their business.
- raises the skill and experience of our network members — 12 ACE units are be required for certification renewal
- improves the ability to market courses both inside the network and outside by aligning with the first and largest global EQ community
- ACE courses are visible on a special page on the website and shared with the Certified Network regularly
- ACE providers receive the ACE logo for their collateral and a special certificate they are authorized to provide to their graduates.
Six Seconds accredited courses demonstrate their value to EQ changemakers and show a trustworthy alignment between the course marketing and the course content.
Applications will be evaluated on:
- Qualifications of instructors
- Clarity of learning objectives
- Effectiveness of instructional methods to meet those objectives
- Assessment of achievement of learning objectives / demonstration of learning
- Relevance of program for EQ practitioners
ACE courses may be in-person and/or virtual, and may be delivered to groups or via a 1-1 coaching/mentoring process. ACE units will be granted based on hours of real-time interaction with the instructor/mentor/coach.
ACE application requires submission of:
- Course or program description (that will be posted on the website, including the scope and objectives)
- Instructor’s bio / CV or Resume
- Course outline including learning objectives, instructional methods and assessment procedures (eg a project, action plan, or other demonstration of applied learning that link to the objectives)
- Course materials (course handout and slides)*
- Application fee is $100 for short programs (3 or less CEUs); $150 for medium (4-9 CEUs); $250 for long (10+ CEUs)
- ACE courses will earn a 1 year accreditation.
- A special logo will be provided to designate the accreditation status.
- Accredited courses will be listed the ACE page and emailed quarterly to Six Seconds’ certified members.
- To grant CEUs, accredited instructors will provide their students with a form provided by Six Seconds.
- Delivering an ACE course grants the instructor the same CEUs as participants.
ACE requirements will be updated as needed. The information above is current as of: December 16, 2016
For questions or to apply, email: firstname.lastname@example.org