Six Seconds’ Coaching is a training process where we work individually with clients to put new learning into action. The process improves:
- Leadership Effectiveness
- Team Performance
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Change Management
Unlike many coaching approaches which are completely open-ended, the Six Seconds’ Coaching process follows a powerful change process with specific goals and deliverables.
Based on the Change MAP, our coaching process follows three phases within each coaching session — and the total coaching program is structured in these phases as well:
Engage: Define the needs, metrics for measuring success, set goals, and make a plan.
Activate: Develop new methods and strategies, innovate and experiment to create new results.
Reflect: Assess progress and integrate new learning into “normal” operations, then decide to move ahead (or not).
Of course, as experts in emotional intelligence, Six Seconds coaching is “supercharged” by a robust framework of how to work with clients to cross the “red arrows” shown in the Change MAP. People are not purely rational, so we need to fuel change with the right emotions.
When we’re working with an organizational team, we use metrics in the “Engage” phase to define critical outcomes. When working with an individual to improve performance, we prefer to begin with a contacting process between the client, coach, and the client’s supervisor (if applicable) defining critical results.
In either case, these goals are turned into a development plan used to structure the training and measure the outcome. Through regular coaching calls, assessments and other resources that support the client’s unique needs, our coaches monitor progress against objectives set in the plan and the organization’s desired outcomes. Our coaching is generally structured into a three-month program.
Our seasoned business coaches provide personalized, highly focused sessions to help clients review the current goals and priorities, assess progress, and identify both obstacles and opportunities for continued improvement. The client leaves each coaching session with several specific strategies and practices to implement.
- Our coaches have a deep understanding of emotional intelligence and have worked in this field for 5-15 years.
- They are great at asking questions and they are totally supportive of the client’s genuine commitment.
- They are incredibly insightful, honest, caring, and they have a good sense of humor.
- Most of all they are committed to practising the skills of emotional intelligence and supporting clients to do the same. Our coaches use and teach Six Seconds’ powerful EQ-In-Action model to help clients develop and apply emotional intelligence. This creates a process and framework that’s an invaluable take-away.