Six Seconds 2016
Highlights from your emotional intelligence community
In 127 countries, we practiced and shared learnable, measurable, scientific EQ skills to increase insight, connection and purpose. Here are some highlights of what we did together to make the world brighter in 2016.
2016 was a big year… check the stats…
1,065,551 web page views
44,369 EQ assessments
32,449 new on Facebook
Scenes from 2016
…seeing our whole EQ Certification group in Shanghai spontaneously start dancing together, filled with hope and joy. Emotions are the universal human language.
… collaborating & connecting with individuals and organizations who care so passionately and work hard for the emotional well-being of children around the world.
… #grateful for amazing work Preferred Partners are doing… eg inspired to see first certification using your customized version of our EQ assessment.
… incredible diversity of participants… cultural, spiritual, political, sexual orientation, age, etc… total acceptance, respect, empathy & LOVE for all people.
How would it feel to live in an emotionally intelligent world?
Here’s what members of the Emotional Intelligence Network said… larger words are more frequent
Our shared work is co-creating a world where people feel whole. Connected. Powerful. Clear. Where people accept sorrow and fear as valuable teachers, and have the skills to transform challenge into learning.
Six Seconds’ practitioners are united by powerful methods grounded in current science… we are global… and we take a simple, practical approach to unlock the wisdom that’s in all people. There’s so much that divides and distracts us, but emotions are the universal human language, a force that keeps us focused on what’s MOST important, and, with a little training, can help us build a future worthy of our children.
Tip: Point at a word on the map to see it bigger!
We produced dozens of videos this year; they were viewed by 183,920 people in 2016. Here are four of the most-watched:
More 2016 EQ Moments
grateful for connections in Six Seconds’ team & emerging relationships… cocreating “Aha!” moments… so many applications of EQ in our lives, both personally and professionally #JoyfulWork
the shock of our global research study, showing that while over half the children love being @school, ZERO% of the 13-14 year-old students feel ‘actively engaged’ in school. #BigWorkToDo
grateful to have such a genuine and generous global community & shared purpose. Despite our far-flung locations, everyone stays so focused with intrinsic motivation, optimism and gratitude.
More 2016 Stats
To support our community practicing and sharing emotional intelligence, this year we…
- Engaged 75 Network Leader volunteers in 31 countries who provided free EQ Cafes to over 3,000 participants.
- Celebrated a 20% increase in enrollment at our education lab in Silicon Valley, Synapse School.
- Launched 11 new courses and certifications, including the free “My Brain Talents” eLearning, and our most in-depth course to date: EQ Coach Certification earned accreditation by International Coach Federation for 150 hours – enough for Professional Coach Certification!
- Published eight new products including the Management Essential curriculum plus powerful customized reports and personalized learning reports with Preferred Partners.
- Produced 14 Raising Humans podcasts to help parents practice emotional intelligence.
- Published four case studies and seven research articles, including new Business Case and Education Cases for EQ.
- Handled 2375 development “tickets” with 4268 comments in Jira, our Agile development platform.
- Produced two global virtual events with over 2000 volunteers — Seeking Refuge and EQ Universal Children’s Day.
Synapse School integrates EQ, Innovation & Academics.
People practicing EQ in the network this year — from our reach algorithm
The EQ Community for Children’s Day
For the United Nations’ Universal Children’s Day celebration, our team members in 105 countries shared EQ workshops and beautiful resources to help children and their adults develop the emotional intelligence skills to create a thriving future.